The device is a full On-Screen Touch Control, and will have the Video Streaming Capability (WIFI Required) and On Board Navigation Software. This device currently runs on the Apple Carplay Factory Interface, so Apple Carplay and Android Auto functionality is a requirement. Because this is a stand alone device, your particular phone does not play a role in functionality or requirements. The portal will have the ability to load content directly onto the device, or allow Video playback via a USB Flashdrive, without the need of WIFI. In addition, this will allow for offline, on-screen navigation mapping with the use of the included GPS Antenna.
Our Carplay and Android Auto Video and Navigation Portal 2.5+ version has a small, compact and elegant design and is completely plug and play install; plugging directly into your factory Carplay and Android Auto Factory USB port. It is powered by an Octa-core processor by Qualcomm that has a high performance output but consumes less power and is running on Android 9.0 system. This compact design also makes it easily transferable between compatible vehicles. This will give you ability to stream your favorite video apps (WIFI required to stream) or play video content from a USB flash drive; as well as use your favorite Navigation App in all your compatible vehicles.
Carplay and Android Auto Video and Navigation Portal Plus Features
- Portable Simple Plug-In Install
- Runs Android 9.0 System
- Qualcomm 8-core processor with 4GB Ram
- Type C USB Out with Cord to your CarPlay Input
- Micro SD Card slot
- SIM Card slot
- Supports phone calls
- 4G Mobile network
- Dual Bluetooth: Master Bluetooth 4.2 & Slave Bluetooth 5.0
- WiFi Connection Capable & Self WiFi Hot Spot with SIM Card(per your SIM Card plan)
Important App Information
MVI can NOT guarantee that all video apps will function properly on this device. Just because it is located in the Google Play Store, does NOT mean that it will be compatible and function properly on the device. Some apps require audio setting adjustments, that the current version of the portal does not support. Please see below:
Apps Tested to Work
- Netflix (after app update)
- Prime Video
- Discovery Plus
There may be more, but these have been tested to work.
Apps with Issues
- HBO MAX
- Disney Plus
- Fox Sports
There may be more, but these are the ones we have verified having issues.
Updating Procedure Shown Here: How to Update Apps on the Portal 2.5 plus
General Motors Vehicle Fitments
- 2013 – 2016 Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC Vehicles Retro-Fitted with the Carplay / Android Upgrade (Currently not Supported)
- 2016 – 2020 Cadillac Escalade (Currently not Supported)
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade (Coming Soon)
- 2016 – 2018 Chevrolet Camaro (Currently not Supported)
- 2019 – 2020 Chevrolet Camaro (Coming Soon)
- 2016 – 2018 Chevrolet Colorado / Silverado (2019 Classic Silverado) (Currently Supports IOB Systems Only)
- 2019 – 2021 Chevrolet Colorado / Silverado
- 2015 – 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe / Suburban (Currently not Supported)
- 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe / Suburban (Coming Soon)
- 2016 – 2018 GMC Canyon / Sierra (2019 Classic Sierra) (Currently Supports IOB Systems Only)
- 2019 – 2021 GMC Canyon / Sierra
- 2015 – 2020 GMC Yukon / Denali (Currently not Supported)
- 2021 GMC Yukon / Denali (Coming Soon)
- Many More Applications are Possible (we will continue to update): Please Contact MVI for your exact vehicle needs
- Verified Functionality on 2019 – 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee!
- Verified Functionality on 2019 – 2021 New Gen RAM!