GM Smartphone Screen Mirroring Module with Video Input
Wouldn’t it be great to display video on the factory screen of your new 2014 – 2020 GM HMI Infotainment vehicle? Great news as MVI can now offer you this nice upgrade at a very affordable price! Our all new GM Smartphone Mirroring Module now gives you more versatility than ever to display your smartphone device, other HDMI or composite video source onto your vehicles infotainment touchscreen. This new smartphone mirroring module is mostly plug and play, so it can easily be installed by anyone with some car electronics install experience. The Audio and Video Input Module will display video onto the factory screen with crystal clear clarity, however the factory touchscreen is only 480 resolution, so it’s important to note that a true high definition picture will not be attained. It is also important to note, that the video being displayed onto the touchscreen will be controlled from your phone or other video output device. You can not control the video output device from the touchscreen.
iPhone Customers: Connection to the module will be via an HDMI Cable and Apple Digital AV Adapter. Wireless connection functionality can only be attained by using an Apple TV device.
Android Customers: Your phone must have wireless screen mirroring capability; i.e. Mirracast / Smart View / ETC. If your phone does not have wireless screen mirroring capability a separate USB / HDMI adapter will be required to mirror the phone. Although most Android devices are compatible, You will need to verify your particular Android model has this functionality. MVI will not be responsible for which Android devices are compatible.
- 1 x Composite Video / Audio input for displaying anything that has composite (RCA) output jack, or camera.
- HDMI Input with Smart Phone Screen Mirroring capabilities. Please select the appropriate adapter kit (iPhone or Android) from the drop down menu above which includes:
- 1 x HDMI / USB Combo Port to flush mount for a factory installed look and easy plug in access
- 1 x HDMI to Composite Adapter for use with anything that has a HDMI output. Smart Phones, Laptops, ROKU Sticks, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Sticks all work great (some require WIFI).
- HDMI Cable kit for iPhone or Wireless Adapter for Android Phones
- Ability to display Netflix, YouTube, Maps, Waze, Text Messages, Pictures, and any other app (app dependent) right on the screen of your vehicle
- 1 x Rear View Camera Input (for vehicles not already equipped with a reverse camera)
Optional Factory Rear Camera In-Motion Harness:
- This smartphone mirroring module can give you the ability to view your factory tailgate camera while moving down the road. This functionality will require an additional Plug and Play harness kit (truck’s) or partial harness kit and hardwiring (SUV’s); see the dropdown menus above. This can be extremely handy when trying to park in tight spaces or for viewing your back up camera as a “rear view mirror” camera while driving.
- 2016 and up trucks with the 40/20/40 Bench Seating with Fold Down Center Armrest, will require removal of the passenger side seat to run the required Aux Audio harness.
- This module IS NOT COMPATIBLE with Factory RSE (overhead DVD/Blu-Ray) Entertainment
- This module will not auto switch for cameras. This module will operate EXACTLY as it’s shown in the video shown on this page. Please read check boxes and select the proper drop down menu options for order accuracy.
- The AV Input Module works In-Motion, but will not unlock your factory DVD player for in-motion viewing or allow for NAV entry in-motion. For In-Motion Unlock of the factory DVD or NAV entry see: Navigation Unlock Module
- This is designed for off road use and not to be used while operating or driving your vehicle
Mobile Video Integrations and Auto Spa Mobile Technologies will not be held responsible for misuse of this item resulting from unsafe driving
Most 2013 – 2019 GM HMI / IO4 1O5 and IO6 based vehicles with the 8″ MyLink / Intelilink / CUE Screen (please call us for exact fitment questions for your vehicle…not compatible with factory RSE equipped vehicles).
- 2014 – 2018 Chevrolet Silverado and Colorado (2019 Silverado Classic Body Style – NON Factory RSE Equipped)
- 2014 – 2018 GMC Sierra and Canyon (2019 Sierra Classic Body Style – NON Factory RSE Equipped)
- 2014 – 2018 Buick Lacrosse/Regal
- 2013 – 2017 Cadillac ATS/SRX/XTS
- 2014 – 2017 Cadillac CTS
- 2015 – 2020 Cadillac Escalade (NON Factory RSE Equipped Only)
- 2016 – 2018 Cadillac XT5
- 2014 – 2018 Chevrolet Corvette and Impala
- 2016 – 2018 Chevrolet Camaro and Malibu (all new model)
- 2015 – 2020 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe (NON Factory RSE Equipped Only)
- 2015 – 2020 GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali (NON Factory RSE Equipped Only)
IO4 / IO5 / IO6 HMI Based Infotainment System Required
This system is not compatible with vehicles equipped with the rear seat entertainment system (RSE). RSE vehicles require purchasing the Unlock Module with add on phone mirroring adapter
Professional installation is recommended if you are not familiar with automotive electronics and installations. We do provide up to 15 minutes of BASIC installation support for customers that prefer to do the install on their own, for trouble shooting purposes ONLY. As a custom business we are NOT able offer on-demand tech support. Tech support must be scheduled via TEXT MESSAGE. For more info please view our Terms and Conditions.
For more information on any of our products:
Please Call 866-428-3585 or make a product inquiry.
For Quickest Reply's - Use the Web Chat feature located at the bottom right corner of every page.
Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9am - 4pm (MST).