(Featured image source for Chevrolet Mylink app: www.chevrolet.com)
Gain a better experience of entertainment while traveling by updating your Chevy MyLink feature
Chevrolet continues to become one of the top car manufacturers and has been one of the fastest automobile Innovators in the U.S. Chevrolet MyLink app is a feature considered useful for drivers who are performing different tasks at hand behind the wheel. When considering purchasing a Chevrolet vehicle, consider also the benefits of using MyLink.
Advantages of Chevrolet MyLink app:
- It has the ability to listen to music on a variety of platforms;
- Easy to use with its touch screen mounted on the dashboard and is within the reach for the driver;
- Colorful display with large buttons making each feature clear and easy to read;
- Easier to make phone calls and text messages. The system also has a built-in wireless interface of MyLink. It allows you to use your device as a speakerphone to start or drop phone calls;
- The GPS included in this feature also allows you to find local establishments in the area when you need fuel or want to dine at a restaurant. The address book also allows drivers to update addresses that are frequented if you wish to type in your home or work address;
- It allows you to connect to various smartphone devices;
- MyLink will automatically connect to your device each time you turn on the engine of your Chevrolet once it’s paired without reconnecting the device each time you drive;
- It lets you play songs from iTunes or Spotify;
- The navigation system of MyLink is provided with a 3D view, which can be fullscreen. It will also inform you of nearby collisions and road closures (Sirius Travel Link subscription required) to adjust your route and avoid any delay to your travel;
- A valet code includes to protect your personal information with a passcode and can be entered each time you get in the vehicle. The Chevrolet MyLink also offers climate and air quality controls to defog the cabin or turn on a fan. This increases the comfort that is provided in the vehicle;
- Door lock settings are also available, making it more like a smart car that offers the ability to do everything in one place;
- Mylink includes many entertainment options when you want to enjoy listening to music;
- With a subscription to Sirius Travel Link, you can also look up the weather on MyLink to get updated on the weather in your current area or the destination where you’re traveling on your route. You’ll even receive alerts about dangerous weather conditions.
What does the Chevy MyLink app do?
Chevrolet MyLink has an audio function to make hands-free calls or texts, weather forecasts, and many more. It also lets you install optional apps through the touchscreen may or may not include:
- Text message alerts
- Stitcher SmartRadio™
- PANDORA® Internet Radio: a feature personalizing stations based on your favorite artists and genres
- Siri Eyes Free4: a feature giving you access to voice recognition commands on a compatible iPhone device
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- SiriusXM® Travel Link/NavTraffic
- Performance Data Recorder: a feature included in the Navigation Package for selected models
- Turn-by-turn Navigations
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
This features depends on your vehicle’s model. You can check out your prospective Chevrolet model in their official website.
Is Chevrolet MyLink a free feature for all Chevrolet vehicles?
Nowadays, the technology and features of vehicles are constantly evolving – continuously upgrading and becoming more high tech. One day you upgraded your vehicle for its newest update and the next week, the feature on your car is no longer the newest on the market.
Chevrolet MyLink app update is an optional feature for Chevrolet vehicles. In this feature, you can connect your smartphone to your vehicle and organize some vehicle features on a color touch-screen display. It is where communication, navigation, and entertainment features have become an easy reach – all the while keeping your mobile device stored away while driving.
Update your Infotainment System with our Chevy 8-inch MyLink Screen Upgrade!
Since Chevy MyLink is an optional feature, some Chevy car models don’t have the latest MyLink update. With this in mind, MVI, Inc. offers to bring an addition of a Factory 8 inch MyLink Screen Upgrade to your Chevy vehicle! MVI also provides installation videos if you want to install the update on your own. They also have a how-to guide in upgrading your IO3 infotainment system to IO5 or IO6 system.
At MVI Inc., we are proud to provide professional installation of OEM navigation systems. We specialize in GM Navigation Systems, but also offer fitments for more platforms including non-Bose audio and other original factory navigations such as Ford, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep MyGig, and Volkswagen. All of our original factory navigation systems can be perfectly integrated into your vehicle as if it came built that way from the dealer.
For more information on any of our products, please call 866-428-3585 or make a product inquiry. For Quickest Replies, you can use the Web Chat feature located at the bottom right corner of every page.
Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 9am – 4pm (MST).