Update your Infotainment System with our Chevy 8 inch MyLink Screen Upgrade
MVI, Inc. now offers the Factory 8 inch MyLink Screen Upgrade for your Chevy MyLink update! This upgrade is available for 2014 – 2018 Chevy Silverado, 2015 – 2018 Chevy Colorado, and 2015 – 2020 Chevy Tahoe and Suburban. You can make this upgrade possible by just having your vehicle equipped with IO3 and IO4 infotainment systems.
For upgrading your Chevy vehicle from an IO3 Infotainment System, our Chevy Mylink upgrade consists of a Genuine GM 8 inch touchscreen, GM Radio Module, HMI Module, and Custom Harness Kit with a microphone. If you upgrading from IO4, HMI Module will NOT run the newly upgraded 8 inch touchscreen because it requires the proper HMI.
How to install on my own?
- If you are trying to install the Chevy Mylink update on your own using your own sourced parts, you will need programming performed on the compatible HMI before it will work in your vehicle.
- We provide programming services for this instance, which can be ordered here: GM HMI Programming Service.
- You can also purchase the required harness kit for your IO3 upgrade separately here: 8 inch screen harness kit.
- We highly recommend professional installation for our advanced installed IO3 Chevy Silverado and Tahoe 8 inch Screen upgrade if you are not familiar with 12 volt wiring.
- You are going to make some solder connections at the BCM Module below the steering wheel.
- Our systems come complete with everything you’ll need for your installation, including our custom hand built harnessing, GPS antenna (when purchasing Navigation), GM Module or Modules, 8 inch Touchscreen, and instructions/installation videos.
- Vehicle specific programming is handled prior to shipping, allowing you to avoid a trip to the dealer.
- We also provide up to 15 minutes of technical support, for basic troubleshooting purposes only but schedules and handling of tech support can only be possible via TEXT message (see checkboxes above). Please make sure you are capable of doing this type of work if you are doing a self-installation as we cannot guide you through the entire process.
Our Chevy MyLink Screen Update include:
- Upgrading your small 4.2 inch Base / Work Truck Screen to the larger 8 inch screen
- Pandora On-screen Playback (connection via USB)
- Wireless music streaming
- Bluetooth / Hands-Free Phone Calling
- Phone Book App (w/wireless contact download)
- Full Voice Recognition
- FACTORY MAP BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM on the touch screen (optional)
- Enhanced Color Display with 2D or 3D mapping
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (optional)
- Backup Camera to your Work Truck or Base model vehicle (optional)
- XM Radio (optional)
- CD Player (optional)
- Plug and Play Installation on IO4 equipped vehicles. Advanced Install on IO3 Equipped Vehicles and Soldering at the BCM is Required (see notes in the paragraph above)
- Includes all harnessing and cables required to upgrade your vehicle
All of our factory systems come with the latest Chevy MyLink software available for the update. It will come with the latest updates and software fixes to help avoid any issues. This added value will save you from the potential headaches of going to the dealer down the road. A tremendous value-added feature we do that separates ourselves from the rest!
Aside from the Chevy Mylink Update, we also have several offers in which you can add on to your vehicles for a safer driving experience.
- Add our 2014 – 2018 Sierra / Silverado OEM Tailgate Handle BackUp Camera to your system.
- MVI offers vehicle applications for both “Pre-wired” and “Non Pre-wired” vehicles. Please view the following video showing how to check if your vehicle is prewired, or not, for a reverse camera.
- We will need to verify if you have, or do not have, the wires shown in 2014 – 2015 Camera Check and 2016 – 2018 Camera Check so we can send out the correct harness for your camera.
- Bose Audio NOT Required
- IO3 or IO4 Radio option: Please message us for help determining which radio your vehicle is currently equipped with
- VIN number required for programming prior to shipping (no dealer programming necessary)
- We recommend professional installation if you are not familiar with automotive electronics and installations.
- We provide up to 15 minutes of BASIC installation support for customers that prefer to do the install on their own, for troubleshooting purposes ONLY. As a custom business we are NOT able to offer on-demand tech support. Tech support must be scheduled via TEXT MESSAGE ONLY. For more info, please view our Terms and Conditions.
2014 – 2018 Chevrolet vehicles equipped with IO3 infotainment system may also have a factory CarPlay / Android Auto 7 inch update installed to further improve your driving experience while vehicles equipped with IO5 infotainment system can purchase a navigation upgrade. Both IO5 and IO6 infotainment systems have an option to install a CarPlay / Android Auto upgrade for their Chevy Mylink.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- 2014–2018 Chevy Silverado 1500
- 2014-2019 Chevy Silverado 2500
- 2014–2019 Chevy Silverado 3500
- 2015–2018 Chevy Colorado
- 2015–2020 Chevy Tahoe
- 2015–2020 Chevy Suburban
- Click Here For: GMC Sierra Yukon and Canyon Screen Upgrades