GMC CarPlay and Android Auto Enabled Factory System
MVI is proud to offer the factory GMC Apple Carplay and Android Auto upgrade for your new 2014 – 2016 GMC Truck or SUV. We utilize only Genuine GM parts to make this GMC CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade possible, so we offer the ultimate factory solution that most other companies can not offer. Many aftermarket systems often create more headaches than solutions, why not stick with the factory systems that were designed for your vehicle as we have your factory solution right here!
The factory GMC CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade will consist of a new HMI Module, Radio Module and USB Hub for the center armrest. The newly supplied HMI comes with the upgraded 2.5 processor which will also enhance the overall performance of the factory MyLink Infotainment System. This is definitely a noticeable difference to the way the system responds to touch, and this difference alone makes the upgrade worth the investment in your vehicle. There is some changes with how the steering wheel controls will act with this upgrade, so please make sure to read the note regarding the steering wheel controls below.
In order to perform the GMC CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade, you will need option code IO5 or IO6. For more information on how to determine which option code your vehicle is equipped with, please message MVI.
Please note: If you currently have Factory NAV you will need to select the I06 option above or you will lose the Factory NAV all together. When upgrading to the GMC CarPlay and Android Auto System you are changing out your existing NAV module and adding the newer module. Please contact MVI for help in selling your old MyLink NAV System.
Steering Wheel Controls NOTE:
This GMC Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Upgrade will bring some changes to how your Steering Wheel Controls act, WHEN and Only When plugged in and using CarPlay or Android Auto. When plugged in and using CarPlay or Android you will NOT be able to Activate Siri or Google Assistant via the Voice button on the steering wheel. There will be an icon on the touchscreen to activate either phones voice features, or you can simply say “Hey Siri” or “OK Google” and not touch anything. This also deactivates the voice button to answer phone calls, however there is an Answer and Hang-Up icon on the touchscreen when the call comes in. The back of wheel buttons will still work to raise and lower audio volume and track forward and backward on your music library, for iPhone. Android phones act differently and from what we’ve seen, most older Android loose those buttons all together, and we have seen a couple instances with the very newest Android phones. Each Android model acts differently and we have no control over which phones do what. Your steering wheel controls will function just like they do know when your phone is not plugged in and using the CarPlay or Android Auto interface. So, for example; If you get into your vehicle and just have your phone in your pocket or purse, or laying on the console; all of your steering wheel buttons will function as they do now.
There is a fix for the steering buttons for the GMC Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Upgrade, that consists of replacing the instrument gauge cluster (speedo, fuel, tach etc). This is not a cheap upgrade though, so if interested in retaining full functionality of the steering wheel controls, please message us using the chat feature in the lower right hand corner, and we’ll be happy to explain further.
New Mapping Interface Note:
Gm did make some changes to the GMC CarPlay and Android Auto Mapping interface when they launched the new system in 2016. They are very minor changes, but worth noting:
- The map icon is now just an arrow, you can no loner set it to be a car or truck image.
- The very top portion of the screen is no just blackened out with a compass in the middle. It is no longer a sky background that emulates the weather.
These are hard changes made by GM and can not be changed by MVI. It is also worth noting that the Pause/Rewind Feature on Sirius XM was also removed.
- 2016 CARPLAY and Android Auto Technology (iPhone/Google Mapping, voice texting, music, and Carplay/Android Auto enabled apps)
- Activates Factory NAV Icon on the touch screen (I06 upgrade required)
- Upgraded 2.5 Faster Processor for faster overall Intellilink performance
- O.E.M Mapping Software (Map updates available through GM)
- Enhanced Color Display with 2D or 3D mapping
- Plug and Play Installation – 1 hour or less to install on most vehicles
- Bose Audio NOT Required
- All of our factory systems come with the latest IntelliLink software available; and will come with the latest updates and software fixes to help avoid any issues. This will save you from potential headaches of going to the dealer down the road. A tremendous value added feature which separates ourselves from the rest!
- All of our systems come complete with everything you’ll need for your installation; including all harnessing, GPS antenna, a complete set of instructions (most vehicle), installation videos (if available), vehicle programming (no dealer programming needed), and up to 15 minutes of technical support (handled via TEXT message only)!
- Larger 8″ screen required (I05 or I06 Options).
- Professional installation recommended but not required.
- VIN number required for programming prior to shipping (no dealer involvement necessary).
- Professional installation is recommended if you are not familiar with automotive electronics and installations. We do provide up to 15 minutes of BASIC installation support for customers that prefer to do the install on their own, for trouble shooting purposes ONLY. As a custom business we are NOT able to offer on-demand tech support. Tech support must be scheduled via TEXT MESSAGE only. For more info please view our Terms and Conditions.
For IO3 vehicles please see our: 2014 – 2018 GMC IntelliLink Factory CarPlay / Android Auto 7″ Screen Upgrade / IOB
For IO3 or IO4 vehicles please see our: 2014 – 2018 GMC IntelliLink OEM 8″ Navigation Screen Upgrade with Optional Factory Navigation and CarPlay + Android Auto.
ALL NEW: PLEASE SEE OUR 360 DEGREE / BLIND SPOT CAMERA SYSTEM AND SMARTPHONE MIRRORING INTERFACE FOR ALL NEW GM VEHICLES
JUST RELEASED: 2013 – 2018 GM NAVIGATION ENTRY AND VIDEO UNLOCK
- 2014 – 2016 GMC Sierra 1500
- 2015 – 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 / 3500
- 2015 GMC Yukon and Denali
- 2015 GMC Yukon XL and Denali XL
- 2015 GMC Canyon
For Chevy Vehicles please see our: Chevy CarPlay and Android Auto Enabled OEM Factory Upgrade
For more information on any of our products:
Please Call 866-428-3585 or make a product inquiry.
For Quickest Reply's - Use the Web Chat feature located at the bottom right corner of every page.
Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9am - 4pm (MST).