Rear view cameras are one of those technology innovations that came to make our lives easier and safer, and thus, they are here to stay. In fact, by 2018, it will be mandatory for all new vehicles in the U.S. to come with a backup camera installed. The convenience of being able to see what’s behind you when backing up is especially necessary for large vehicles, such as GM trucks and SUVs.
However, have you been told that adding a genuine GM factory backup camera is not possible after the vehicle has left the building plant? Have you been offered a license plate mounted alternative or some other form of non-factory camera option instead? Those may be good options; however, we also know from years of experience that today’s customers are looking for factory equipment, such as the options we offer below:
Tailgate Handle Backup Camera for 2007-2013 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra
List Price: $229
- A navigation system or a display system will be required
- Navigation system programming may be necessary (if applicable)
- If there is not a navigation system, we suggest using the OnStar® rearview mirror with backup display (upgrade required from a drop-down menu)
Tailgate Handle Backup Camera for 2014-2016 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra
On Sale Price: $219 (reg. $259)
- Only MyLink or IntelliLink (I04, I05, I06) vehicles supported
- System programming will be required to add software (please see drop down box above)
- If you have the I03 (BASE W/T), we suggest using the On*Star rearview mirror with backup display (upgrade required from drop-down menu) or our I03 upgrade
- Camera will show on factory 4.2″ or 8″ screen (I04, I05, I06)
- Dealer programming no longer required as we make the upgrade easy for you with our GM Custom Camera Programmer (this is yours to keep and use as often as necessary while you own the vehicle).
Rear Lift Gate/Lip Mounted Backup Camera for All 2007-2014 GM Full-Size SUVs
List Price: $219
- Dealer may require radio programming
- A navigation system or display system will be required
- If there is no navigation system, we suggest using an OnStar® rear view mirror with display (upgrade required from drop-down)
- Input harness will be needed for vehicles with a navigation system (see drop-down)
2007-2014 GMC Suburban – 2007-2014 Chevrolet Tahoe – 2007-2014 Chevrolet Yukon – 2007-2013 Cadillac Escalade – 2007-2012 GMC Denali/Acadia
With over 20 years of experience with the GM product line and specializing in adding factory navigation systems for the last nine years, we can give you the ability to add a genuine factory GM tailgate handle backup camera as well. Contact us at 866-428-3585 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.