MVI is proud to offer our Custom Hand Built in the USA Wiring Harness kits. All of our harness kits are made in-house with care by our trained experts. Have you already obtained the required parts for the GMC DVD / Blu-Ray upgrade Harness and need to purchase the wiring? We now offer the ability to purchase just the wiring kits for the people who feel qualified to install their own system. We offer installation instructions and installer self-help videos along with the purchase of our harness kits (when available). Please note that this upgrade does require several new pieces and programming in order for the upgrade to function in your vehicle. This upgrade is NOT a matter of just locating a used DVD / Blu-Ray player or overhead screen from a donor vehicle and it will magically work in the vehicle you are attempting to upgrade. BEFORE purchasing this kit, please make sure you have done your research on this upgrade or have spoken with us directly to ensure you have all your bases covered to ensure a successful upgrade. Programming Services and Processes Please Note: In order for the new DVD system to function in your vehicle, you will require programming on the control module you plan to use in the vehicle. If you are planning on using a module from a donor vehicle; it will need to be divorced from the donor vehicle and set back up specific to your vehicle. MVI offers this custom programming service for $225 and this does include the ground return insured shipping of the radio back to you. Due to the high volume of shipments we get on a daily basis, there is a specific process that needs to be followed to ensure that no radios get lost in the shuffle and create a further delay in completing your order. The process is as follows: After placing your order above you will immediately be sent an email (to the email address provided at checkout) with your order confirmation and placed into our On-Hold order cue while we finalize previous customer orders. This On-Hold process typically takes 2-3 business days, depending on order volume. You will want to make sure and print off a copy of this order confirmation to place inside the box with your radio being sent in. Once we have placed you into our processing cue you will receive another email (to the email address provided at checkout), that will contain instructions on how to properly box, protect and where to ship your radio in for the work. We recommend shipping and insuring your shipment with either UPS or FedEx so that you are covered if the shipment goes missing or gets damaged along the way. MVI is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by the shipping company you choose to use when sending your radio to us. It is at this point that MVI will begin building your harness and place your order on the “radio send in” waiting list. Once the radio arrives, we will perform the required work to the radio (1-2 business days), box it back up with the new harness kit, and ship it back out to you complete using the insured shipping label we will provide. You will then get a final email showing the order has been completed and we will provide you the tracking information being used to track the package back to you.
GMC DVD Harness Features include
- Genuine OEM Connectors and Terminals
- ALWAYS SOLDERED NEVER CRIMPED
- Wrapped in automotive-grade fabric tape for OEM look
- Each wire ohm’d after completion to ensure operation upon installation
- Mostly Plug and Play Installation – (some basic connections will be required on the overhead screen harness kit)
- Hand-built in the USA
- Built to exact measurements to ensure a proper and OEM fit
GMC DVD Harness Requirements
- Factory 8” Touch Screen (If you have not already obtained a touch screen please consider our complete plug and play system available here: GMC or Chevy)
- MyLink / IntelliLink DVD Blu-ray Drive and DVD Touch Control module. (Note: if you plan to use modules from a different vehicle you will need custom programming in order for the system to work with your vehicle. Please read above for programming information. If you have not already obtained a control module please consider our complete plug and play system available here: 2014 – 2018 Chevy and GMC Factory DVD Blu Ray System Upgrade ) Last 8 of VIN numbers are needed upon purchase to verify exact vehicle options.
- Some basic wire connections will be necessary for Overhead Screen (kit will be labeled accordingly).
- Professional installation is recommended if you are not familiar with automotive electronics and installations. We do provide up to 15 minutes of BASIC installation support for customers that prefer to do the install on their own, for troubleshooting purposes ONLY. As a custom business, we are NOT able to offer on-demand tech support. Tech support must be scheduled via TEXT MESSAGE only @ (919) 995-9526. For more info please view our Terms and Conditions.
GMC DVD Harness Fitments
- 2014 -2018 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2014 – 2018 GMC Sierra
- 2015 -2018 Chevy Tahoe
- 2015 -2018 Chevy Suburban
- 2015 -2018 GMC Yukon
- 2015 -2018 GMC Yukon XL
For more information on any of our products: Please Call 866-428-3585 or make a product inquiry. For Quickest Reply's - Use the Web Chat feature located at the bottom right corner of every page. Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9am - 4pm (MST). Tech Support must be scheduled and is handled by TEXT message only unless a phone call is deemed necessary by MVI.