UNIVERSAL WIRED TRAILER CAMERA
MVI Inc is pleased to announce our Universal Wired Trailer Camera to the GM Camera lineup. Although this is a universal camera that can be used with any vehicle pulling any trailer or R.V; this new addition works perfect for 2014 – 2021 Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra and 2015 – 2020 Chevy Tahoe / Suburban and GMC Yukon / Denali.
Equipped with 18 bright LEDs and night vision capabilities, this durable ¼ CCD camera is designed especially for the rigors of commercial driving. Functional even in pitch black conditions, an IP67 waterproof rating ensures its resistance against the elements.
CCD sensors offer superior resolution for a crystal clear image of a commercial vehicle’s surroundings, making it easier and safer than ever before for your drivers to get where they need to go.
This new camera will work perfectly as a second set of eyes on the back of your trailer or fifth wheel R.V while in reverse. When used in conjunction with one of our GM Camera Modules, it can also be viewed On-Demand while in motion to see what is going on behind you on the roadways. This camera kit comes with an adjustable mounting bracket allowing ease of installation on any type of trailer (for example Horse, Boat or Motorcycle / Car) or R.V. The wired camera also comes with built-in I.R transmitters for night vision. Please make sure to include the length of trailer for exact length of the cable.
This Wired Trailer Camera is an excellent accessory to our 360 Surround and Blind Spot Camera Module or our Audio Video Input Module with optional Smartphone Screen Mirroring allowing you to view the wired camera as you drive down the road. Both of those items can be found on our site by simply clicking on the product wording above.
IMPORTANT NOTE: 2017 and up models WITH the Factory Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) System WILL REQUIRE our GM Multi Camera Interface. This is only REQUIRED on 2017+ vehicles WITH the FACTORY Rear Seat Entertainment System. Please feel free to contact us for more detailed info and a hard-wire work-around.
- Built-in Microphone
- Sensor Type: 1/3″ CCD
- Min. Illumination (LUX): 0
- Viewing Angle: 120°
- Waterproof Rating: IP67
- Image (Mirrored / Non-mirrored): Mirrored
GM WIRED TRAILER CAMERA REQUIREMENTS
- Factory Display IO4 / IO5 / IO6 / IOB or display screen with an Composite Video Input
- Factory GM Display with I04 / I05 / I06 / IOB system will REQUIRE MVI’s optional switcher (See drop down selections); to switch between your factory GM tailgate camera and the wired camera while in reverse.
- Factory GM Display with I04 / I05 / I06 system will REQUIRE one of our GM 360 Camera modules or AV Input Module to allow the wired camera to be viewed while in-motion
- Professional installation is recommended if you are not familiar with automotive electronics and installations. We do provide up to 15 minutes of BASIC installation support for trouble shooting purposes ONLY; for customers that prefer to do the install on their own. As a custom business we are NOT able offer on-demand tech support. Tech support must be scheduled via TEXT MESSAGE only.
- For an idea of what’s involved in the install see Video: Wired / 3rd Brake Light / Front Camera Overview
- For more info please view our Terms and Conditions
- Universal Camera: Can be used with any screen with RCA input
Exposed or Enclosed Trailers such as Horse Trailers / Motorcycle / Dirt bike Trailers / Mobile Boutiques / Trades Trailers / Toy Haulers / R.V’s and more.
- 2014 – 2021 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2014 – 2021 GMC Sierra
- 2015 – 2020 Chevy Tahoe and Suburban
- 2015 – 2020 GMC Yukon / Denali
- 2015 – 2020 Cadillac Escalade